You can have a curvy, muscular and feminine body without being bulky. Its a fact that muscular women burn more fat and stay leaner throughout life, if they maintain exercise and nutrition.
It doesn’t matter how old you are. You can build muscle at any age.
Here are 5 reasons muscular women burn more fat and build lean bodies:
1. If you don’t build and maintain muscle mass, you’ll lose muscle mass. Drop pant and dress sizes by building muscle and shrinking your body (lean out). Muscle takes up less space than fat.
You don’t need much equipment to burn fat, lose weight and shape your body. You certainly don’t need expensive treadmills. Dumbbells, medicine balls, stability ball, resistance tubes, speed ladder, cones, platforms and jump ropes will help shape your body.
2. Muscle mass also speeds up your metabolism because it is the most metabolically active tissue in your body. Your body has to work harder to maintain muscle mass which helps you burn more calories all day.
Strength training will also help you to:
–increase the range of movement,
–strengthen bones, tendons, ligaments,
–improve your ability to do everyday activities,
–help prevent accidents, injuries, sickness, and speed up rehabilitation.
3. Strength training helps you tone, shape and strengthen muscle fibers, minimizing the “fatty marbling” within the muscle that results in flabby, weak muscles.
Women who exercise on a regular basis with both strength training and cardiovascular exercise are able to perform more work without tiring and are less likely to sustain fractures resulting from osteoporotic conditions.
4. So, what happens when the body you once knew begins to acquire a different shape and doesn’t respond to activities and physical exertion as it once did when you were 20 years old? Unfortunately, you can’t change the fact that you’ll age, but you can control, to some degree, the rate at which you age. Regular strength training will keep your body stronger and healthier.
Many women unwisely decrease their activity level as they grow older, assuming it’s proper to grow old gracefully. Regrettably, they grow old ungracefully, with considerable restrictions on their mobility, self-reliance, and quality of life. Don’t let this happen to you!
5. From adulthood into middle age, you will lose approximately 6 pounds of lean muscle mass during each decade of life. Numerous studies indicate that muscle mass may decline by 20% to 40% between age 20 and age 65. So, it is critical to continue a regular strength training program throughout your life to prevent muscle mass loss.
Burn fat and shape your curves leaner and meaner. You will look and feel great!
Download your Free 10-Day Curves and Abs Jumpstart and start shaping your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018