By Mike Roussell, PhD
One thing that is hard for people to wrap their head around is that their fat cells are there to stay.
This isn’t horrible news because your fat cells have an incredible ability to not just expand, but shrink as well.
So you can get the lean body you desire without losing a single fat cell; you just need to make them smaller.
Here are three simple diet tips to help you keep your fat cells small and happy.
1. Reduce, Don’t Eliminate Your Carbs – Cutting out carbohydrates entirely from your diet isn’t the best idea for most people.
Yes, very low carbohydrate diets do work, but you can get just as good of results by reducing and rearranging your carbs just a little bit.
Here’s what to do. Grains (like breads, pasta, rice, oats, etc.) and starchy carbs (like potatoes) should be eaten first thing in the morning and directly after you exercise.
So if you don’t exercise before dinner, no potatoes for you (read in your best Soup Nazi voice).
The rest of the time, fill your plate with vegetables (especially green leafy and fibrous ones) and some fruit.
Pretty simple huh?
This simple reduction and rearrangement of the carbohydrates in your diet will have you eating carbs when your body is hormonally ready for them, making fat loss more efficient.
2. Eat More Raspberries – Researchers have found that a group of antioxidants in raspberries, called raspberry ketones, can impact your fat loss hormones at the gene level.
Raspberry ketones have been shown to increase gene expression of the hormone adiponectin.
This is a hormone released from your fat cells that causes you to burn more calories.
Raspberries also have lots of fiber (9 grams per cup!) – one more reason that they are a great weight loss food.
3. Drink Green Tea – This last tip is going to help shrink your fat cells and help stop you from growing new ones.
Studies involving the antioxidants found in green tea show that they actually stop the maturation of your fat cells, preventing them from growing into mature immortal fat cells.
Drink green tea every day to aid in this process. As a side benefit, the combination of the antioxidants and caffeine naturally found in your daily cup of green tea, have also been shown to shrink your waistline. Drink up!
These three diet tips are very easy to implement and follow. Put these three simple steps into your diet to start losing weight faster and more efficiently.
“Check Out The Abs On Loryn!”
How Did She Get Them?
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018