A layer or layers of fat could be covering your flat stomach. While you’re building up those muscles, you need to burn total body fat too.
Here are 5 easy tips to start burning more stomach and body fat:
1. Keep your daily food journal until you know what, how much and when to eat. As the week goes by, compare what you eat to your grocery list and planned menus. This will hold you accountable on a daily basis. Step by step, day by day, week by week…stay with your grocery list and meal plan most of the time and you will succeed.
2. You will help your success with your meal plan by eating your daily servings of fresh fruits and vegetables. I’ve never heard of anyone getting fat by eating too many fruits and veggies. And, cut out ALL SUGARY DRINKS. Drink only water or unsweetened drinks like tea. If you will do just those two things, you will be well on your way to shedding body fat on your abs and whole body.
3. How much food do you need to eat every day? You have to achieve a caloric deficit (burn more calories than you consume) on most days to lose weight and burn fat. You don’t need to strictly count calories but you need a good handle on what you are eating.
So, to start out on the right track, set your daily calorie intake based on your basal metabolic rate, your activity level (including exercise) and your goals. This way, you won’t eat too much or too little. Maintaining the right amount of caloric deficit is the key to burning fat and losing weight.
If your basal metabolic rate is 1,800 calories a day, 1,000 calories of food intake is not enough food for you to function properly. This type of calorie restriction will cause your body to shift to survival mode and store fat. Your body will also be a total wreck if you do this too much!
So, if you eat 1800 calories and burn 2,200-2,300 calories a day (through BMR, movement and exercise), you will lose weight and burn ab fat and total body fat.
Despite what some infomercials say, you cannot eat as much as you want and still burn fat and lose weight. There are some medical exceptions but the cause of weight gain for most of us is that we love food too much. Don’t blame your weight gain on your “slow metabolism.” A slow or sluggish metabolism is not the major cause of weight gain.
4. You can speed up your metabolism and make burning fat easier. Exercise regularly (strength training and interval cardio) and you will burn more calories during the day and night. Also, eat right and often. Eating small meals every 3-4 hours will keep your metabolism humming and will keep your body from shifting to “starvation mode.”
5. Eat foods as close to their natural state as possible. For example, eating an apple would be better than eating sugary applesauce.
Here are some do’s and don’ts when it comes to the replacement method of eating:
Cut out these types of foods: sodas, sugary fruit juice drinks, candy, cookies, donuts, fried meats and fried foods, fast foods, ketchup, mayonnaise, high-fat salad dressings, foods in a box or bag, refined foods
Add these types of foods: oatmeal, nuts, low-fat dairy products, low-fat yogurt, fruits, veggies, unsweetened tea, water, salad greens, lean meats (baked, broiled or grilled), olive oil, cinnamon, mustard
What do you eat for snacks between meals? You could be gaining weight because of your snacks between meals. What you eat for snacks can mean the difference between out-of-control weight gain or weight loss management/fat loss.
Going too long between meals can cause you to load up on sugary carbohydrates to get quick energy. These types of snacks are usually high in calories, not very nutritious and cause rapid ups and downs in blood sugar levels. You also end up wanting to eat more and more. Great snack foods are nuts, fresh fruits/veggies, yogurt, salad greens and smoothies.
Uncover your flat stomach by burning the fat covering them!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018