Becoming a mom comes with a lot of new challenges: coping with lost sleep, caring for a surprisingly demanding little human, and, perhaps most infamously, getting your body back in shape after baby. While it can be hard to imagine trying to squeeze in exercise between feedings, diaper changes, and trying to keep up with everything else in your life, it can be done. How do we know? Because loads of other moms out there are doing it! If you’re in need of some post-pregnancy weight loss or healthy living inspiration, check out these blogs written by and for moms, women, and families.
These blogs are all written by moms who are getting fit, some while pregnant, some afterwards, and some while juggling multiple kids!
- Just Roni: Mom Roni has been blogging weight loss motivation since 2005, sharing her journey losing baby weight and beyond in a positive and relatable manner.
- Run DMT: Here you’ll find a mom of three who still manages to find time to embrace her love of running, even taking part in marathons throughout the year.
- Total Fit Mom: This blog is a can’t-miss for moms who want to eat healthier and get in shape. It offers diet tips, advice on exercise after pregnancy, and much more.
- Fit Mom’s Blog: Rachel is one fit mom. She’s into CrossFit, marathon running, and bike racing and she shares her passion for all things athletic here. A really inspirational read for moms who want to get the family active.
- See Mommy Run: This blog offers updates on workouts and other fitness resources for the site seeMOMMYrun.com, an excellent resource for moms who want to start running.
- Mom on the Run: Check out this blog to hear from Janice. She’s a mom of three who balances caring for her girls with work, working out, and playing sports.
- Fit Yummy Mummy: Get advice on getting your pre-baby body back from this fit mama, Holly. If you like what she has to say, join the community of like-minded moms linked on her blog.
- The Baby Fat Diet Blog: This blog is a great place for moms looking to lose the baby weight to find helpful information on a wide range of health-related topics.
- A Southern Mom: On A Southern Mom, readers can connect with a mom just like them who’s raising kids, doing things DIY, and working on her fitness and health.
- Racing with Babes: Think you can’t get super fit? Use this mom as inspiration. She’s a triathlete and mom to three little ones.
- Running Mom: If running is something you enjoy (or want to start enjoying) then check out this running blog just for moms. They have an e-zine, help for new moms and moms-to-be, and updates on all kinds of fun running adventures.
- Project: Fit Mom: This blog can help you to find products that actually aid your fitness, from the best shoes for running to foods that are actually healthy and diet-friendly.
- Strength for Motherhood: Found on the Stroller Strides website, this blog is full of excellent posts on mom fitness. Check out their articles on new mom workouts, fitness challenges, and fiber-rich foods for a start.
- Workout Mommy: Established in 2007, this health and fitness blog for moms has been providing inspiration and motivation to moms ever since. Started by Lisa after the birth of her first child, the blog has continued to document her fitness journey through the birth of three more kids.
- Mama Sweat: This blog isn’t dedicated to weight loss. Instead, it takes an honest look at how hard it is to juggle motherhood, work, and fitness, offering real life tips on fitting exercise and fitness into an already busy life.
- The Great Fitness Experiment: This mom takes on all the workouts touted by magazines and television programs, telling you what works and what doesn’t. There’s some inspiration and guidance on fitness and health as a mom, too.
- Healthy Moms Magazine: This online magazine is a great place to look for health tips, recipes, and workouts that can help you bounce back after baby.
- Fit Mom TV: Kiana is a mom who is super into fitness. She shares that passion here, offering articles, videos, workouts, recipes, and family fitness tips that can really help moms stay healthy.
- Mom vs. Marathon: Ever dreamt of running a marathon? That dream doesn’t have to die with the birth of your child, as this marathon-running mom demonstrates.
- One Fit Mom: Check out this blog for help with a variety of fitness topics, from the Paleo diet to CrossFit training, with a little parenting commentary thrown in for good measure.
- Taking It On: This mom shares her experiences with working out, being a mom, dealing with life and much more on this motivational site.
These blogs are for women more generally, not just moms, but they have a lot to offer moms looking to get fit, too.
- MizFit Online: This blog is chock full of fitness help and inspiration for women of all ages and abilities, with articles, videos, podcasts, and much more to help you get healthy.
- Stumptuous.com: Use this blog to help you get motivated, buy the right workout gear, train, and learn more about women’s fitness, whether you want to bodybuild or just tone your tummy.
- Everyday Fitness: This WebMD featured blog stresses mind-body balance, good nutrition, and total wellness.
- Fit Bottomed Girls: Get the junk in your trunk under control with a little help from this fitness-focused blog. It offers everything from workouts to inspirational stories.
- Her Fitness Hut: Written by personal trainer Mark Dilworth, this women’s fitness blog is focused on weight loss and fitness, offering tips on eating healthy and kicking bad habits.
- Cathe: Fitness expert Cathe Friedrich shares her knowledge with women looking to shape up on this blog, which is loaded with video clips, success stories, and informative articles on all things fitness.
- NikkiFitness: Get fitness advice from a personal trainer when you visit this blog, which can help you define and achieve your personal fitness goals.
- MahaMondo: If yoga is more your thing, then check out this blog. It offers some inspirational photos and videos and can help you keep in the loop about the latest yoga events.
- Women Like Sports: Women like to play sports, too, so this blog is a great place to learn about equipment that can help you to participate in those oh-so-fun activities.
- The Chic Runner: This running-focused blog is a great source of information for women looking to get into running for fitness.
Other Health and Fitness
These blogs touch on a number of different fitness and health topics, from family fitness to coping with your new post-baby body.
- Family Fitness: About.com expert Catherine Holecko maintains this blog, offering tips to keep your entire family fit and healthy.
- Families.com Health and Fitness: It can be hard to stay fit unless your family is doing it with you. Here, you’ll get ideas on how to change your fitness not just for you, but for your significant other and kids, too.
- Fitsugar: Find posts on fitness, healthy living, weight loss, and even celebrity fitness on this pop-culture saturated blog.
- Fitness Spotlight: Head to Fitness Spotlight to get access to both naked food cooking recipes and advice through the If Life program.
- Shreadheads: If you love Jillian Michaels then you’ll appreciate this blog written by work-at-home mom and a stay-at-home dad, who decided to kick their butts into gear using the program.
- The Shape of a Mother: Coming to terms with your post-pregnancy body can be hard. Not only can it expand your waistline, but it can leave you with scars and stretch marks. This blog encourages you to embrace and love your changed body, something every new mother needs.
Diet and Nutrition
Eating well will give you energy and help keep you healthy, and you’ll find great recipes and tips that can help you do just that on these mom-friendly blogs.
- This Mama Cooks!: Healthy recipes and lifestyle tips abound on this family-friendly health blog.
- Healthy Food and Family: This blog, written by two sisters, shares healthy eating recipes, snapshots of everyday life, and more that all moms can relate to.
- Gourmet Mom On-the-Go: Learn how to make gourmet quality, healthy meals for yourself and your family in a hurry from this blog.
- $5 Dinners: Who says eating healthy has to cost a fortune? Use this blog to learn how to whip up great meals for under $5.
- A Year of Slow Cooking: The slow food movement is catching on and is encouraging many to slow down, cook real foods, and enjoy what they eat. Get inspired to do the same from this blog.
- The Healthy Snacks Blog: You and your kids will appreciate the healthy snack suggestions offered by this blog.
- Feed Yourself: Forget about food that comes from a box or a bag and learn to make real food with a little help from this blog.
- SkinnyTaste: Gina uses this blog to share family-friendly recipes that are low fat, making it easy to get everyone in your house to eat right.
- Eat This!: This health food and nutrition blog will help you learn about some of the healthiest foods in the world, how to eat right, and much more.
- Blisstree Eat: This Blisstree blog will teach you about the latest food research, help you find healthy eating advice, and maybe entertain you, too.
- Diet Blog: This diet-focused blog is filled with excellent articles on everything from eating healthy on airplanes to deciding whether or not to eat a carb-filled breakfast.
- Real Mom Nutrition: This mom offers up news, opinions, stories, and strategies to help busy moms make healthy choices for themselves and their families.
- Yum Yucky: Blogger and mom Josie loves sweets, but she offers tips on how to balance that love with leading a fit, healthy life here.
Article Courtesy of Medical Billing & Coding
Do you want to:
- Eat Better to be Healthier, Burn More Fat and Lose Permanent Weight?
- Have Your BEST Looking Body Naked or in Smaller-Sized Clothes?
- Feel Better than You have Felt in Months or Years?
- Have the Energy to Accomplish Your Daily Goals?
Be sure and download your FREE 7-Day Fat Loss Jumpstart e-Course, which shows you how to totally remake your body a healthy and lean fat-burning machine!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Her Fitness Hut
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018