Get or keep your body shaped and toned without working out 2 hours a day. Who has time for that anyway! The number one reason that womens’ metabolisms slow down is loss of muscle mass. Save your muscle mass with rapid fat loss workouts. Burn more calories during the day and at rest.
Even with a faster metabolism, you can still gain weight. Your weight gain is primarily due to you consistently eating more calories than you burn, or a caloric surplus. There are some medical exceptions to this rule but this doesn’t apply to the majority of people. For most of us, we gain weight because we eat too much and exercise/burn calories too little.
The way to get your lean and toned body is not as far off as you might think. Be consistent with your fat loss and weight loss program and you will get and stay lean and toned—in time.
Muscle tissue is the most metabolically active tissue in your body. Your body has to work harder to maintain muscle mass. So, muscle mass is your top fat-burning tool. Work hard and build your body.
“As women age, their metabolisms slow down, mainly because they are losing five or six pounds of muscle each decade starting in the mid-20s,” explains fitness expert Wayne Westcott, Ph.D., fitness research director of the South Shore YMCA in Quincy, Massachusetts.
“There’s no reason you can’t have the same metabolism in your 30s and 40s that you had in your 20s,” stresses Pamela Peeke, M.D., author of Fight Fat After Forty.
Keep your metabolism more active at any age with these 3 tips:
Note: A rapid fat loss program is not a quick weight loss program. Fat loss will change your body to lean over time and keep the weight loss off. With quick weight loss, you will lose weight but regain the weight once you begin to eat regularly again.
The more you weigh, the faster your metabolism will be. This happens because your body must work harder to maintain itself. That is also why it is easier to lose weight in the beginning of a fat loss/weight loss program. Your metabolism is running so high that a moderate caloric deficit will result in quick weight losses.
You could lose 6-10 pounds of weight and 1% to 2% body fat the first week. As time goes on, it is safe (and typical) to lose about 2 pounds a week. If you can burn .5% to 1% body fat in one week, that is great progress. A person who has been inactive for a long period can experience similar early successes as the overweight or obese person.
1. Do three weight training workouts a week. On your Monday and Friday workouts, you will do full body circuit training with light (but challenging) dumbbells or bodyweight exercises. Your repetition range for each exercise will be 10-12. This type of weight training increases growth hormone in your body.
Growth hormone elevations during this type of exercise have been shown to decrease body fat and increase protein synthesis after exercise. Growth hormone helps promote tissue repair and muscle mass growth from lifting weights.
Intense exercises such as sprints and squat jumps also increase growth hormone release. These types of exercises would be perfect for your interval cardio and bodyweight cardio workouts.
2. Women can also build muscle mass through heavy weight lifting (you won’t get bulky). “Heavy” is relative to your body weight and strength. According to the research, doing this type of weight lifting will give you exercise-induced testosterone increases. Of course, this will help you build muscle mass.
Your repetition range for exercises will be 6 (you would have a difficult time lifting these repetitions). Your Wednesday workout will be with heavy weights.
3. Just a few words about nutrition……get a healthy eating plan that works for you. You may need guidance from a nutrition expert. You must burn more calories than you consume on most days in order to lose weight and burn body fat.
Even if you never skip workouts, you cannot eat as much as you want (or maintain daily calorie surpluses) and still burn fat and lose weight. On the opposite end, you can’t starve yourself and expect to succeed long-term with weight loss and fat loss.
Be sure and download your 14-Day Jumpstart to Your Ideal Body Weight for LESS THAN $5! You will also get over $230 of FREE BONUS BOOKS to help you get your lean body for good!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018