by Gabriela Sneider
Can’t get enough of salmon? Salmon is known for its extraordinary amount of omega-3 fatty acid content. It is a dinner favorite but yet it is important to be informed of the good kinds of salmon that are not fished in a way that adversely affects the environment.
Wild Alaskan salmon is a great choice when looking for a sustainable option. Stay away from the salmon farmed in open net pens and instead move towards a more eco-friendly method. The fishery management practices in Alaska are especially efficient, which creates an abundance of Alaskan salmon.
As a college student, I don’t feel the need to spend tons of money on food but when I do I love treating myself to a delicious piece of salmon. Salmon can be whipped up easily for many different occasions. It is a perfect choice to serve at a dinner party or to cook for one, but don’t forget sustainable is always the better alternative!
Reasons why salmon is a healthy choice!
· Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D in salmon can prevent chronic inflammation
· Eating salmon can help cognitive function in the brain!
· Fish oil is good for vision improvement
· High protein in salmon which helps keep hair strong and healthy
Recipe for making a delicious Alaskan salmon:
· 3 oz. Alaskan salmon
· 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
· 2 tbsp. soy sauce
· 1 ½ tsp. sesame oil
· a few tsp. ginger
· a hint of lime
· salt & pepper
· ¼ of an onion
· a few garlic cloves
Bake or grill.
About the Author:
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018