Burn fat and reach your weight loss goals with 10-minute, intense and effective home gym workouts. It is one of the best timesavers.
You won’t burn fat in your home gym by just setting it up. How many little-used treadmills and fitness gadgets are sitting in people’s garages gathering dust?
About all you will need is a stability ball, medicine ball, resistance tubes and some dumbbells. And, don’t forget about bodyweight strength exercises—pushups, pullups, inverted rows, squats, lunges, mountain climbers and step ups are all staple bodyweight exercises you should be doing.
Building muscle mass will speed up your metabolism because your body has to work harder to maintain it. Muscle mass will also help you to lose body fat and inches which is more important than losing weight. Transform your body to lean and toned–that’s how to keep the weight off.
Do strength training 3 days a week and interval cardio exercise 2-3 days a week.
Download my FREE 10-Minute Fat Burning Workout Book and torch body fat now!
Vary your workout routines and intensity to keep your workouts fresh and to keep making progress. Your body will adapt if you do the same workouts week after week.
A shorter, more intense 10-minute full body circuit strength workout will give you better results than doing a 1 hour strength workout when you are trying to lose body fat and weight. A circuit workout is one in which you do one exercise after the other with little or no rest between exercises.
Research at Duke University, directed by Dr. Cris Slentz, supports high-intensity exercise for better fat loss. The eight-month study showed that people could lose weight with exercise and no dieting. Those who exercised intensely (especially using interval training) lost much more fat than those who exercised moderately.
According to the research, the high-intensity exercisers had these advantages over the low-to-moderate intensity exercisers:
–more release of fat from cells
–more fat used as fuel during exercise
–increased metabolic rate after exercise
Also, change up your interval cardio routines—such as rotating sprints, jump rope and bodyweight cardio.
Here are some more tips to keep your home workouts from becoming boring:
1. On some days, it helps to split up workouts into 2 separate workouts—such as doing two 10-minute strength training workouts (morning and evening) instead of one 20-30 minute workout.
2. Exercising outdoors can be a refreshing change from exercising in the living room.
3. Doing something fun and different works too—such as playing soccer, basketball or tennis (these are 3 of the best natural interval cardio exercises).
4. Exercising in a totally different place works sometimes—such as running on the trails at the lake.
5. Take a day off from working out—sometimes even on a scheduled workout day. Its always important to listen to your body.
Also, don’t make the mistake of laying around as much as possible until your workout. Research proves that your fat-burning enzymes shut down when you sit down. Keep your metabolism ramped up all day and burn more calories.
Walking helps you lose the weight and keep it off because it helps you maintain an active lifestyle. Walk at least 30 minutes every day, whether you workout or not.
Be sure and download my FREE 10-Minute Fat Burning Workout Book and torch body fat now!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018