What do you want to achieve for yourself in health and fitness for the rest of 2012 and beyond? You need to sharpen your focus and you will accomplish more.
Research has proven that you will reach more major goals if you focus on one goal at a time.
A good overall fitness goal would be for you to change your body’s composition to lean and toned. Why?
Here are 7 good reasons to “lean out” your body:
1. Having a lean body will improve your self image, health and morale. Every one wants to feel good about themselves.
–If you don’t like what you see in the mirror, start changing your body. Stop putting it off. You will be healthier, feel better and look better.
–Have you been putting off that full physical exam? You need to know your health numbers. Schedule that appointment today.
–You are not destined to be what “your genetics” or “family heritage” dictates. Every one can have their best version of a lean body. You don’t have to look like a model but you can look lean and toned.
2. You will have improved eating habits. And, those will be healthy eating habits that you can maintain throughout your life. Throw those fad diets and starvation diets in the trash! They won’t lead you to improved eating habits and they will leave you fatter in the end.
Fill your plate with whole, natural foods that have one ingredient—the food itself. For instance, fruits and vegetables have one ingredient. Foods in a box or bag have many unhealthy ingredients like trans fats and processed sugars.
3. You will have a toned body without bulkiness. Muscle mass takes up less space than fat mass. That is why you can weight the same (or a little more) and still be smaller. Your body shrinks.
Focus more on full body strength training and less on cardio exercise. If you only do cardio exercise, your body will not be lean. I can’t tell you how many people I see who only do cardio exercise. Their body composition never changes to lean and toned.
4. A lean body will speed up your metabolism and keep it active. Muscle mass is metabolically active tissue and your body has to work harder to maintain it. You will burn more calories and fat during the day and at rest—depending on the intensity of your workouts.
Short burst workouts like circuit weight training and interval cardio will lean and tone your body. Exercise Post-Oxygen Consumption (EPOC) causes your body to burn more calories and fat after a tough workout. Your body has to work harder to get back to its pre-exercise state. Your metabolism may be elevated for up to 24-48 hours after an intense workout.
5. Fat loss will keep the weight off your body. You can kiss yo-yo weight loss and regain goodbye forever. This improves your health in the long-term too.
According to Marketdata Enterprises, an estimated 54 percent of people in the United States are currently trying to lose weight. This leads many of you to buy weight loss pills and “special foods” that promote weight loss. There’s no need to do this. Just start with a regular exercise program and eat healthy based on your basal metabolic rate, activity level and goals. You have to be willing to go with this plan for the long-term. It takes a long time to change your body’s composition.
If you don’t change your lifestyle habits, weight loss won’t last. The typical dieter tries a new plan four times a year. “We have this mentality that a diet is something to go on and then get off as quickly as possible,” says FITNESS advisory board member Madelyn Fernstrom, PhD, founding director of the University of Pittsburgh’s Weight Management Center. “But lasting weight loss requires making lifestyle changes that will work long-term.”
6. Others will follow your example. When you “walk the talk,” people take notice. You will have a great feeling when your family and friends want to get their bodies in shape because YOU DID IT! That’s what life is all about. People inspiring and helping other people.
7. YOU are worth all the effort it takes to improve your health and body. Believe it. Do it.
Set your attitude and sharpen your focus. Train hard and safe.
Burn fat and shape your curves leaner and meaner. You will look and feel great!
Download your Free Curves, Abs and Upper Body Fat Burn Manual and start shaping your body faster!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Her Fitness Hut
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018