I have your healthy, delicious smoothies for National Peanut Butter Day….just use all natural peanut butter without any added sugars or preservatives.
You can use smoothies in the following ways for fat loss and weight management:
1. Smoothies are a great choice for healthy, energizing snacks during the day. Forget about the 100-calorie snack packs and sugary treats for snacks. They leave you unsatisfied, under-nourished and wanting to eat even more.
The American Dietetic Association also recommends healthy snacking. Snacks bridge the gap between meals and can help you eat less at regular mealtime.
Going too long between meals can cause you to load up on sugary carbohydrates to get quick energy. These types of snacks are usually high in calories, not very nutritious and cause rapid ups and downs in blood sugar levels (you will crash).
Do not skip meals. Eating every 3-4 hours keeps your metabolism and energy humming during the day. Starving yourself or severely cutting your calories will only slow your metabolism and cause you to store fat (your body’s survival mechanism).
2. You can use smoothies as meal replacements. You can use all sorts of healthy foods that you love in them. A 400-calorie smoothie is an ideal meal replacement if you’re on the run or don’t know what to eat.
3. Smoothies are ideal for pre- and post-workout nutrition. This will help you build more muscle mass. You have to eat enough of the right foods to rebuild your muscles bigger. Even if you gain weight, you will be leaner because muscle takes up less space than fat.
4. Avoid weight gain while you travel by packing smoothies. Food in airports are overpriced and many times unhealthy. Some of you travel as much as 200 days a year. Smoothies can help keep your eating under control. So, don’t just plan and pack your clothes….plan and pack your foods also. Haphazard eating or grazing will skyrocket your calories and pack pounds on your body.
Here are 2 smoothies from my FREE Download Smoothies for Every Day:
PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE
–1/4 cups peanut butter, chunky or smooth
–1 cup vanilla ice cream
–1 cup milk
Place all ingredients into blender and blend on high until just combined.
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SMOOTHIE
–2 large ripe bananas, peeled, sliced, frozen
–2 cups milk
–1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
–2 tablespoons sugar
–1 teaspoon imitation banana extract
Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately.
It doesn’t take many ingredients to make smoothies, so you will save money. There are over 100 recipes in the book for you to use every day if you want!
“Exercise is not my life…..exercise makes my life better!”
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018