Sure you want to burn fat and lose weight. But, it doesn’t help you to “look like a goddess” if your body is totally wrecked with injuries, muscle imbalances and postural problems!
Getting healthy and fit is more than just burning body fat and sculpting your body. You need to do exercises with correct technique to prevent injuries.
The structural alignment of your body is called posture. The human movement system consists of the muscular system, skeletal system and neural system .
These systems must work together and function properly for you to achieve true health and fitness. A personal trainer is there to make sure these systems are corrected and working together while you get “trimmed and buffed!”
For you to look and feel great, you must correct your postural dysfunctions and muscular imbalances as much as possible.
You should also increase your elasticity in the muscles by improving your flexibility. This will improve your performance. Self myofascial release with foam roll is like getting a massage. The foam roller is one of the most effective techniques for releasing tension while improving mobility.
Foam rolling exercises will release and organize your muscles, as well as release and align your skeletal system. Muscle injuries such as strains and tears and broken bones can be avoided with proper flexibility and skeletal alignment.
You might also need the services of a massage therapist or chiropracter to keep your body fine tuned.
One good place to start training is with leg circuit workouts:
Leg exercises (free weight and bodyweight) will help you burn more calories and fat during and after your workouts.
1. You activate more muscle fibers by doing leg exercises such as squats, lunges, deadlifts, step ups, mountain climbers and sprints. The bulky, fast-twitch muscle fibers will shape and sculpt your legs better. Fast-twitch muscle fibers will lie dormant if you don’t “fire them up.”
2. Your core will also get work, especially with squats, lunges and deadlifts.
3. You will burn more calories during and after your workout because your metabolism stays elevated longer.
Exercise Post-Oxygen Consumption (EPOC) causes your body to burn more calories and fat after a tough workout. Your body has to work harder to get back to its pre-exercise state.
For instance, athletes in speed and power sports are usually very cut and lean because most of their exercises are done with intervals at full speed.
4. Your workouts will be shorter and more intense because you will be doing compound (multi-joint) exercises.
Always do leg exercises early in your workout order because they take so much energy from you. Single-joint exercises like bicep curls and calf raises should be done at the end of your workout order.
Good upper body exercises are shoulder press, bench press, pullups, inverted rows, bentover rows, triceps dips on bars, dumbbell front raises/lateral raises.
To your health, fitness and goddess-like physique!
Burn fat and shape your curves leaner and meaner. You will look and feel great!
Download your Free Curves, Abs and Upper Body Fat Burn Manual and start shaping your body faster!
Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Her Fitness Hut
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018