Definitely include medicine ball exercises in your workouts to burn fat and tone your body! Medicine ball exercises are not used enough by people in their workouts (from my observations).
Full speed medicine ball exercises will help you burn fat faster. These exercises will also improve your core strength and power (how fast your muscles can produce force). This makes your workouts more efficient (do more in less time).
Medicine ball exercises also allow you to exercise with natural movements. Your movement is not restricted by weight machines or barbells. Every one moves differently and you can even be a little creative with medicine ball exercises.
Here are 5 medicine ball exercises for you to burn more fat:
Note: Do these exercises at a moderate pace until you have mastered your form.
1. Medicine ball diagonal chop – The medicine ball diagonal chop helps you work multiple muscle groups in different planes of motion (at the same time). Injuries of the torso (such as oblique strains/pulls) hurt and are hard to recover from. Its better to avoid these types of injuries. Your legs will also get quite a workout from squatting and standing.
2. Medicine ball front chop – The medicine ball front chop is similar to the diagonal chop but is only done in one plane of motion.
3. Medicine ball rotational throw (pictured above) – Many everyday movements require coordination while rotating your body. This exercise is also very difficult to do correctly. When you get good at it, you will burn upper and lower body fat at a faster rate.
4. Medicine ball soccer throw – The medicine ball soccer throw is a great upper body exercise that uses your legs. It requires coordination and power. The soccer throw also works the muscles that you use to throw a ball or swing a racquet overhead.
5. Medicine ball squat jump – The medicine ball squat jump will improve your power. Bodyweight squat jumps should be mastered first, especially jumping and landing techniques. Jumps are proven fat burners and will really accelerate your heart rate.
It is hard to limit this list to just 5 medicine ball exercises. Medicine ball lunges with rotation and medicine ball side lunges are two exercises that come to mind.
Train harder and burn more fat with medicine ball exercises!
Be sure and download your Free Dumbbell and Medicine Ball Metabolic Fat Loss Programs and start shaping your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018