Plyometrics or jump exercises, and other high intensity exercises, burn fat and give you more shapely,toned legs.
If your exercise program is stalling your progress, ramp up the intensity of your workouts. Jumps, sprints and circuit weight training are good examples that help you burn more fat and lose more weight—sooner!
If you have been doing your squats, lunges and step-ups that’s great. Keep doing them. But, you need to mix it up a little with some jump training. Jump training has many benefits which include: burning body fat, strengthening bones and increasing power.
Plyometrics is high intensity training, placing great stress on the bones, joints, and connective tissue. Jump training places you at greater risk of injury than less intense training exercises. It is important to perform the exercises correctly before implementation of full-speed exercises.
Jumping and landing techniques should be mastered. Exercises should be performed on safe surfaces such as rubber mats, sprung floors, grass or sand. Concrete or other similar hard surfaces expose you to injury. And, you should have good core and lower body strength to reduce chances of injury.
Here are some workout tips for jump training:
1. Jump rope for at least 10 minutes every day (if your knees and back allow). A 10 minute jump rope warm-up before your workout always gets the job done. Actually, a 20-minute interval jump roping session is one of the best fat-burners and body-sculptors available. Try it for cardio at least once a week.
2. Do at least one workout a week that includes mainly jumping exercises. Squat jumps, tuck jumps, cone jumps, jumping jacks, jump rope and pike jumps are some examples. Full speed jumps will give you more fat loss and weight loss.
3. Include at least one jumping exercise in your regular workout routine.
4. If you need a change up from jumping, run sprint intervals. Sprints are also top fat-burners and body-sculptors.
Do no more than 2 jump training workouts a week.
Be sure and download your Free Dumbbell and Medicine Ball Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts and start shaping your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018