The side squat will help you tone your hips, glutes and thighs faster. The side squat will improve your overall lower body strength, especially in the frontal plane of motion.
1. Grab a medicine ball and stand with your feet wider than a normal squat. Point your feet slightly outward. Brace your core (as if taking a punch to the gut).
2. Without moving your feet, keep your chest up, shoulders back and lunge to the right.
3. Drive upward back to the standing position. Repeat the movement to the left side and back up to the standing position. That is 1 repetition.
The side squat is similar to the side lunge except you don’t move your feet.
Add the side squat to your workout routine to better shape and tone your lower body.
Download your Free Bodyweight 500 Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts and start shaping your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018