The plank with leg raise will strengthen your core and tone your butt. This exercise gives you a good combination to improve your physical health and personal appearance.
It is critical that you stabilize and strengthen your core area. A strong core lays the foundation for future strength training. A strong core area will also maximize your extremity (limbs) strength. Failure to adequately strengthen your core area will lead to injuries such as low back pain. The plank with leg raise is a great core and glute exercise.
1. Start by forming a straight plank with your forearms and feet as the contact points on the ground. Be careful not to bow your back. Contract your core area and glutes.
2. Once the plank is formed, raise one foot off the ground and then return to the starting position.
3. Repeat this movement for the desired repetitions alternating back and forth between legs.
Core training may not be glamorous, but you will reap great benefits by taking the time to do it! The added leg raise gives you the benefit of helping to shape your butt.
Be sure and download your Free Bodyweight 500 Metabolic Fat Burner Workout and start changing your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018