The Lateral Tube Walk is a strength exercise that tones your hips and lower body. It also looks like an easy exercise to perform. Don’t be fooled by appearances. When done correctly, the lateral tube walk will challenge your strength (especially in the frontal plane), endurance and balance.
The lateral tube walk will strengthen and tone your butt, hips, core, adductors (inner thighs) and outer thighs.
Do the exercise this way:
1. Attach the resistance band just above each ankle. Place your feet shoulder-width apart with your knees slightly bent and your back straight.
2. Maintaining good posture, step your right foot out to the side about 2 shoulder-widths apart. Then, step your left foot inward until your feet are again shoulder-width apart. Your knees should remain aligned over your feet during the exercise. It is important to not let your knees “cave in” or spread outside your feet. Also, keep your glutes contracted during the exercise.
3. Do 10-15 steps in the same direction and repeat in opposite direction. That is one set. Do 2-3 sets.
If you’ve never done the lateral tube walk, try it during your next workout. It is an exercise you should do on a regular basis.
Be sure and download your Free Dumbbell and Medicine Ball Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts and start shaping your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018