Tone your abs better with the steam engine exercise. It is a challenging core exercise that burns more fat. It is also a great full body exercise. If you want to burn more fat and calories during and after your workout, do more full body exercises.
You should have adequate core stability and strength before advancing to exercises like the steam engine. Exercises like planks, bird dogs, bridges and cobras should be done before you proceed to exercises like the steam engine.
1. Stand with with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width, your hands behind your head.
2. Lift your left knee to waist level or higher and touch the left knee with the right elbow. Do the same for the other side. That’s 1 repetition.
If you have low back problems, you shouldn’t do the steam engine exercise.
Download your FREE 10-Minute Fat Burning Workouts now! There are strength and cardio workouts in the e-book.
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018