Women should include depth jumps in their exercise routines! Depth jumps burn leg fat and help shape your butt, hips, thighs and calves. Build adequate body stabilization and strength before doing depth jumps and other jump exercises.
The depth jump is a plyometric exercise that will work your quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes and calf muscles. You will improve your athleticism and speed.
If you play sports, the basic depth jump can be tailored to your specific sport. For example, basketball requires landing on one leg in many situations. So, you could progress from two-legged to one-legged depth jumps.
You should perfect jumping and landing techniques before doing depth jumps.
1. Stand on top of a plyo box or platform. A higher plyo box will improve your leg strength more and a lower plyo box will improve your speed more.
2. Step forward (don’t jump) off the plyo box and land on the balls of your feet. Don’t land on your toes or your heels or you could damage your knees.
You can do one depth jump at a time or repeating depth jumps. With repeating depth jumps, you would step off a plyo box and immediately jump up onto another plyo box. Repeating depth jumps are more applicable to real game action.
Use your arms to add to your speed by swinging them back before stepping off the platform and swinging them up as your feet hit the ground (ready to jump again). Keep your back in neutral alignment (not arched or rounded) and look staight ahead.
Be sure and download your Free Bodyweight 500 Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts and start shaping your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018