Take 5-10 minutes before your workout to warmup your muscles. An effective dynamic warmup is a MUST before your workout. A dynamic warmup will prepare your body best and reduce risks of injuries. Do static stretches after your workout (when muscles are warm) to increase your range of motion.
Accomplish the following during your dynamic warmup:
1. Make sure your “power center” is flexible. Your “power center” consists of the glutes, hips, quadriceps and hamstrings. This area of your body is prone to some hard-to-recover-from injuries!
2. Your hip flexors need to flexible. Tight hip flexors cause many problems, including problems with your glutes and hamstrings.
3. When you warmup, practice relaxing your face, shoulders, arms and torso. You will perform better when you are relaxed and you want your body to work like a “well oiled machine.”
Some good dynamic warmup exercises are walking lunges, bodyweight squats, form running, jumping jacks and jump rope.
Be sure and download your Free Bodyweight 500 Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts and start shaping your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018