The glute ham raise is an advanced strength exercise to tone your lower butt and hamstring muscles. Glute ham raises also protect you from painful injuries. There are few injuries as bothersome and harder to recover from than hamstring injuries. Prevention of hamstring injuries is the best solution. Similarly, weak hamstrings can lead to other serious injuries.
1. Start with your upper body in a vertical position. This movement should be controlled and smooth.
2. Move your upper body as far down as possible. You might need assistance to raise back up.
3. Move your upper body back to vertical. That is one repetition.
You can also do glute ham raises on the floor with the assistance of a partner holding down your feet.
Also, try these flexibility and strength exercises for your hamstrings:
Hamstring Flexibility – walking lunges, resistance band eccentric stretch and static stretch (static stretch should be done after workout or game).
Be sure and download your Free Bodyweight 500 Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts and start shaping your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018