Scapular wall slides will locate and correct problems with your posture at the same time….it will help to keep your shoulders from slouching forward (rounding). Scapular wall slides are great for working your low trap muscles.
The low traps are often under-worked by many people. There has been more than one shoulder injury because of scapular problems. It also helps to improve your posture because you have to keep your chest up and shoulder blades down and back. Many people’s shoulder blades are spread out too far and misaligned.
1. Lean back against a wall with your feet about 8 inches from the wall.
2. Keep your shoulders, arms, hips and head against the wall at all times.
3. Keep your arms up and slide your forearms on the wall. At the bottom of the slide, you should feel a pinching sensation between your shoulder blades. Hold for 3 counts and return to the starting position by sliding your arms back up the wall.
Use scapular wall slides as a warmup or as an exercise during your workout.
Be sure and download your Free Bodyweight 500 Fat Burner Workout and start changing your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018