Females, tone your upper back muscles (without bulking up!) with the inverted row. Try the inverted row the next time you’re in the gym. It is an underused exercise that will tone your upper back, shoulder and arm muscles.
1. You can do this exercise on a Smith machine. Adjust the bar low to the ground, but not so low that you won’t be able to fully extend your arms as you lower your body.
2. With your hands shoulder width apart and palms facing out, grab the bar from a lying position on the ground. Keep your heels on the floor. Keep your torso and legs straight throughout the exercise (brace your torso to keep your core tight). Also, keep your head in line with your torso.
3. Lift yourself up until the bar touches your chest. Lower yourself until your arms are at a 90 degree angle at the elbows. Repeat.
Train smarter, not just harder!
Download your Free Dumbbell and Medicine Ball Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts and start shaping your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018