If you’re struggling to get fit or stay fit, you’re like many people! Don’t beat yourself up too much! Just make improvements…..
I was asked this question by a lady struggling to get fit:
“Mark, I have a question? What do you struggle with? I think of you as this fitness god, but let’s know you better…. ya know.”
Great question! I’m definitely not a fitness god! But I made a commitment to fitness years ago and that’s the key! But, I had alot of help! Let me explain:
1) I grew up in sunny New Mexico so I played outside almost everyday. That leads to an active lifestyle of games, walking, running, etc. Fun exercise is the best exercise. Even today, I do exercises that I like (there are tons to choose from)!
2) I participated in organized sports from age 5 to age 21. Along with genetics, that’s how I shaped a lean, athletic body. From there, all I basically had to do was maintain what was built.
3) I didn’t own a car until I was 23 years old so I walked and biked alot. Again, this helps lead to an active lifestyle (OK, I bummed alot of car rides too)!
4) I grew up in a time when kids came home from school, did their homework (well some of the time anyway) and then went outside and played games til dark (now kids are on MySpace and FaceBook til dark). So, I kinda indirectly fell into the “fitness lifestyle.” Stated another way, I had alot of “social support” to help me stay fit. Social support is a leading indicator that you will stay on the fitness track!
The commitment to a fit lifestyle will lead to the body changes you want and give you lifetime health. I always tell people to commit to this lifestyle first and the health and “hot body” will follow!
Anyway, one of my weaknesses is sweets. I love sweets! I try to find replacements for them. So, instead of soda, I will drink water or unsweetened tea. And candy! Instead of eating a whole bag of M&Ms, I try to eat a few! And, some days I just flat out cheat. If you make the commitment to fitness and hold to good nutrition about 90% of the time, you will be just fine.
Unlike some trainers, I stress health and commitment first because that’s really where the problem issues are! The commitment to a fit lifestyle trumps all other fitness commitments and will help you to overcome the obstacles and failures along the way. A fitness god I am not—I am committed to fitness!
Its okay to struggle to get fit—just don’t quit and you’ll make it!
Download your Free Dumbbell and Medicine Ball Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts and start shaping your body faster!
Mark has helped thousands of clients and readers make lifestyle changes that lead to better long-term health, which includes acceptable body fat and ideal body weight.He does not recommend fad diets, quick weight loss gimmicks, starvation diets, weight loss pills, fat burner supplements and the like.
Latest posts by Mark Dilworth - Her Fitness Hut (see all)
- 7 Ways Testosterone Improves Womens’ Quality of Life - June 18, 2018
- 10 Tips to Lose Weight and Shape Your Curves - February 14, 2018
- Top Exercise for Faster Weight Loss Transformation - January 17, 2018